All property photos
Click to View
loading your dream home...
This exceedingly comfortable, remodeled condo is in a handsome, recently painted 6-unit Edwardian boutique building. On the border of Nob Hill and Russian Hill, you're close to all the conveniences along the best parts of Polk Street. Attention to detail is apparent in the large gourmet kitchen with honed Carrera counters and designer finishes. A bright unit which features wood floors, a fireplace in the living room, recessed lighting, central heating, a separate laundry room and a private storage room, there's also an independent garage space. Walk Score of 99 - This location is a Walker's Paradise so daily errands do not require a car. Nearby parks include the Helen Wills Playground, Broadway Tunnel West Mini Park and the spectacular new Francisco Park!
- Polk/Van Ness/Hyde/California St shopping, coffee, restaurants, bars without walking up a giant hill.
- A 10-20 minute walk to: Fort Mason (Farmers Market), Aquatic Park, The Embarcadero, North Beach, Marina, Japantown, Chinatown, Downtown, Lombard's Crooked Street.
- Shopping districts (Fillmore/Union/Chestnut/Union Square), grocery stores (Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Real Foods, Safeway), parks (Lafayette, Marina, Ina Coolbrith, Allyne & the new Francisco Park).
- A 30-45 minute walk to South Park, Giants ballpark, the Lyon Street Steps, the Golden Gate Bridge, The Presidio.
- Muni to anywhere in the City is a block or two away.
- Cable cars: The Hyde Street cable car is 1 block away & the California Street cable car is 4 blocks.
- Access to 101 N&S is usually reasonably quick via Van Ness/Polk/Bush/Gough.
Awesome Floor plan & features:
- The back bedroom is super quiet & great for rainy/foggy day sleep-ins.
- The Eat-in Kitchen is separate from the living room & dining room.
- The wide hallway makes the living & dining areas feel larger and adds light.
- The bedrooms are separate from each other and don't open into the living room or kitchen.
- Plenty of storage. Garage and basement storage access directly into laundry/kitchen.
- Great airflow/ventilation. High ceilings & bay windows (open from top and bottom).
- A gorgeous view from the roof. And when in town, The Blue Angels fly *directly* overhead.
Exclusive and elegant, Nob Hill is home to some of the grandest mansions and most historic hotels one can find in San Francisco. Nob Hill is part of an enclave made accesible in the 1870s by the addition of cable cars climbing up California Street through the heart of the neighborhood. The area is considered the center of old San Francisco, where even today descendants of some of the original founding families of San Francisco keep continued memberships at renowned private clubs, including the infamous Bohemian Club.
All but destroyed in the fire of 1906, Nob Hill homes remain the most prestigious of San Francisco addresses. Old money is on display here, making itself seen through the extravagantly adorned buildings that line every street.Huntington Park is certainly the heart of Nob Hill. Home to the iconic 10-foot Fountain of Tortoises, families enjoy congregating on its shady expanses to take in a bit of respite following the hike up the hill. There is also a children's playground which is second to none.
The spiritual center of the community is found in the impressive stone architecture of Grace Cathedral. A Liberal bastion, the Cathedral administers an array of social justice programs, and brings inspiration through the many musical concerts it hosts throughout the year. Also on the grounds is an outdoor meditation labyrinth. Here visitors traverse the garden in silence as part of a meditative reflection on their own lives and the lives of others.
The neighborhood of Nob Hill remains a very walkable area despite its many steep avenues. It remains an urban oasis for residents while never being too far from the action of downtown. Perfectly situated it remains bounded by the excitement of Chinatown, the thrilling nightlife of Polk Street, and the upscale shopping of Union Square. Nob Hill is a walking commute from downtown and the financial district. And for those not interested in walking at the end of the day, MUNI provides monthly cable car passes. Now that's traveling in style!